Business Insurance Business Owner Resources Commercial Property Insurance Company Health Insurance Disability benefits Insurance general liability insurance Health Insurance Insurance Policy Liability Insurance Umbrella Insurance Workers Compensation
We understand-insurance is?expensive for business owners. When you’re trying to keep your company adrift, your employees paid, and your prospects happy, increasing costs in a different area of your business can be a great source of stress.
Luckily, a business owners policy (BOP) can provide the common different kinds of coverage that any business needs under one policy, helping you save valuable funds.
Some of the forms of insurance provided by such a plan include:
Commercial Property Insurance
This is a type of insurance cover any business needs to protect against hurt from such things as windstorms, hail, fire, and other natural disasters. This will also help protect your personal business real estate, such as computers, and change lost business income.
Learn more to do with commercial property insurance.
General Legal responsibility Insurance
This protects the assets of this business and pays for charges and obligations, such as clinical costs if a customer or perhaps client is injured on your property. It will also protect your business for those who or your employees cause an injury or property damage.
General liability insurance will cover the expenses of your legal defense and any settlement or personal award granted if someone productively sues you. Such damages might include compensatory damages, or simply money granted to a litigant to compensate for injury, loss, or another type of loss. Other damages could include nonmonetary failures an injured party would experience and punitive damages the court would grant for you to punish you for wrongdoing.
This insurance policy could also protect you against says of misleading or untrue advertising, such as slander, libel, or trademark infringement. In addition, it would defend you against your financial obligation as a tenant if you are to blame for damage to a property you rent, such as a fire.
Learn more about general insurance.
Business Interruption Insurance
Business interruption insurance is insurance policy coverage that will replace lost earnings your company might suffer from a disaster. This could be income missing after a business has to nearby because of a disaster or virtually any rebuilding necessary after the devastation.
Such insurance might be needed from fire has greatly ruined your business, making it impossible?to perform work there for some time, or similar damage that might happen after any natural tragedy, such as a windstorm.
Learn more about business dysfunction insurance.
BOPs can also include various other, more specific types of insurance depending on the nature of your business, including:
- Equipment breakdown insurance – This handles your business if mechanical problems, power surges, operator errors, or burnouts cause equipment to break down.
- Medical payments coverage C This will protect you from medical bills you incur when other people are injured on property you rent or own.
- Rented vehicle coverage C This can protect vehicles that you let, borrow, or hire.
What A good BOP Won’t Cover
BOPs can save small businesses a lot of money by combing several types of coverage into one policy, but they also will not provide all the insurance coverage a company might need. They will not supply:
- Professional liability coverage, which protects a home based business against claims of allowing incorrect advice or a malfunction to perform professional services, which may lead to a lawsuit. It pays costly legal fees, which could be costly to the small business.
- Health and disability insurance, that any business with employees requires. The government required businesses together with 100 or more employees to provide health insurance as of January One, 2015. As of January 1, 2016, suppliers with 50-100 employees have to provide the insurance. Disability insurance has an income to employees who definitely are?injured or become sick and are unable to work. Companies can buy long-term disability insurance, and also short-term disability insurance, or the two.
- Workers compensation insurance protects employers in case your worker suffers an on-the-job damage or illness. Every think except Texas requires them, and even in that state, although?employers may?opt due to such?insurance, 65% of businesses give you the coverage.
Combing policies can save cash, which is where a business owners scheme can come in handy for any business. If you have any questions about a companies policy, or anything else related to home business insurance, feel free to?contact us.